Tuesday 7 August 2007

Horses (and Michele) are wonderful

I had the great pleasure of meeting some horses yesterday. I met JB, Cori and Humpries. JB is a beautiful brown horse with black mane and tail. He stood very still while I brushed him down and tried to detangled his mane. He muzzle is soooo soft - its amazing. I thought he looked really well and it was the first time that i couldnt see his ribs. I met his best friend Cori who is a beautiful black and white horse. We brushed him outside while at the same time he was determined to say hello to his friend Megan - who was also being brushed outside. Cori is a fab horse with lots of spirit (as is JB). I really enjoyed brushing them and being with them - i found it very soothing and i was delighted not to be afraid of them at all. Poor Humpries had the unpleasant task of taking me for a walk. He stood patiently while i kneed him in the back as i clampered over him. i later found out that one is not allowed to knee horses in the back. Then he took really good care of me as Michele kindly lead us around the arena and the field. I ahve to say that i really enjoyed the day and i look forward to my next outing, trying my hand at grooming and riding. Many thanks to the wonderful Michele for her patience and kindness yesterday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really glad you enjoyed your time with the boys. I agree they are wonderful. The techniqual term for JB's colour is bay. That is brown with black mane and tail. He is a dark chestnut type of bay which I think is nicer than the dark brown bays. The technical (still looks like its spelt wrong but better than the first effort) term for Cori's colouring is piebald. Your own descriptions are nicer though. hope this actually is published!! I'd given up leaving comments when they stopped being published! If it is published I must say I really like your blog

Anonymous said...

Why weren't comments being published?

Was ther e a bug???

Inkpot said...

Glad your comments are being published, B.W.
To the monster - pity you don't have pictures of the horses and you kneeing them in the back to put up on your blog. You must visit them again and take snaps for the blog.

Broken Wing said...

i don't know why my computer stopped publishing them- it is irratic and goes funny at times. of course it may have thought they were too stupid to publish and could be right!