Tuesday 14 August 2007

WORK STRESS

I think work stress is a terrible disease of the modern world. Employers don't put enough structures in place to ensure that employees have only manageable stress levels. There are times when I want to cry - I know it relates to work stress or when someone in work has been unpleasant to me. I say it is a disease because it is spreading fast. It needs to be addressed by law, I think, to ensure that a third party comes in and measures peoples levels. I know the modern thought is that all is fair in the quest for money - but the real price is getting bigger and bigger!!!

2 comments:

Broken Wing said...

To be honest the law is involved here. The Health and Welfare at work act. the employer has a duty to his employee in relation to work related stress, unrealistic deadlines, bullying etc etc I am sorry to hear you are so badly treated. I expect you are very conscientious, accurate, responsible and hard working and a lot of stress is probably because you are given too much work which you probably do as you feel responsible to your boss and the client and which you do well because you are so good and this means you are over tired. ITS ALL so unfair. Poor Monster.

Anonymous said...

Poor Monster, work stress is terrible. You should do things to de-stress - like exercise, eating chocolate, and indulging in long soaks in the bath with sweet smelling bath salts